Thursday, April 24, 2014

Simplicity


What does it mean to be simple?


"Simple" is such a simple word itself, but with many different meanings attached to it. It depends on the how the person understood what simple means to him/her.



What is simple for me?



Simple is when you live a life that is free from too many wants that can't be attained. Of course, who doesn't want to be rich? I do want to be rich. But in reality, I learned to see that rich isn't limited to having lots of money. Rich can also mean having good friends, happiness, and being thankful for what you have. You can have everything in this world and still not be happy, while those who may not have much can be happy as a rich man. There are times we do get envious, but always remember that getting what you want means hard work. Being envious too much means that you don't know how to make yourself happy and you take blessings for granted.



Sometimes, people complicate things for themselves. I learned while growing up that you can learn to accept the things you can't change and you have it in you to change things that you can. This is why the Serenity Prayer is my favorite prayer. I learned that you can change your life even if you can't change the entire world to a world you want. That's how it goes.



These thoughts simplified my own life. Sometimes, it's still complicated. But I just take a deep breath and tell myself that I can face things and get through.








No comments:

Post a Comment