Tuesday, March 11, 2014

A Spring In My Step





I can't wait for Spring to happen! I'll be saying goodbye to the wintry cold and look forward to the magnificence that is Spring: warmth, rebirth, colors, and stepping out into the sun.

I remember my spring rituals as a child. I may be a little grown-up now, but this doesn't mean I can't enjoy the spring season, but in a rather different way now. Here are some scenes from my childhood during spring season:

1. Easter get-away

Whenever it's the week forward to Easter Sunday, my family and I would pack our bags and head off to our grandparents' farm. There are a lot of things I did there, like riding horses, churning corn, running around the farm, and baking with my grandma. I spent a great deal of time there in the farm every year, until I reached high school. My grandma may have passed on, but we still make it a point to visit our farm with my grandpa, uncle, aunt, and cousins. I just like the fresh air and the laid-back atmosphere.


2. Sun dresses

I would always have a hand-sewn sundress every spring, courtesy of my aunt (who also lives in the farm!). My favorite was a mint green sleeveless dress, which I like to pair with strappy sandals and a straw hat with an orange sash around the brim. I got the dress as a 13-year old and wore it a lot during spring. Until now, the dress is still with me, but it feels a little tighter now (no thank you, college-related pounds!).


3. Nature in bloom

I love the colors of spring. Pink, yellow, white, blue, and most especially, green. It's a far cry from the wintry cold, and a delight for the eyes, whenever you see spring in full bloom.


Now that I'm a little older, this list had additions:


4. Spring-themed nail polishes

I'm planning to get something this year in a happy shade of peach. Even if I just color my nails sans the nail art, a pop of color will make my hands prettier.


5. Spring fashion

This Spring Break, my friend and I plan to go thrift shopping and get some nice clothes without breaking our bank. You can dress up in the moods of spring minus splurging on pricey clothes.


6. Spring break!

Last year, we went to a music festival. This year, another cheaper music festival, but with a roadtrip and staying over at my friend's farm. We plan to ride horses, roast smores around a campfire, and tell stories. Girl bonding at its finest.


Here are some of my favorite spring activities. Spring really makes me happy and upbeat!

No comments:

Post a Comment